Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 61
PRO members and TMFs,

I feel I need to respond to some board activity on my part which does not really reflect my personality and feelings. When Rich was still posting, he made a joke of his statement that he was a bigger curmudgeon than me. I earned that title many years back posting on SA and taking issue with a few things there. I changed my board name from OldFart1946 to RockyTopBob at the urging of friends and TMFs here on PRO.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots but I’m struggling with the best way to make changes in my life as my life gets shorter. I think many of you know I have pet peeves with certain activity surrounding trade recs but I shouldn’t try to change other leopard’s spots.

I am not Lon, who surely deserved the PRO community award more than me.

Not as an excuse but in an attempt to put a “frame of mind” on me, I’ll mention what Jeff and others already know, I have Leukemia, which is not going away. I live in a small 25 home subdivision near the Smoky Mountains picked by me as a place to live out my years. I’m very happy when members like Heck Creek get to visit, because I can be myself.

In the last year one close friend and neighbor has died of lung cancer. Another of a heart attack. One currently is dying of colon cancer and another of ovarian cancer. We are an old group of retirees who are all very close. Sometimes I wonder why I’m still here.

The TMFs here recognize my teasing at times, as a way of making our board experience more lighthearted. I’m happy with the personal e-mail messages, pictures and other communication I’ve shared with them.

Before I make this longer than it needs to be, I want to apologize to anybody I have offended.

I truly hope that Jeff and the team, at PRO and MFO, along with all members can make it to a follow-on member party in Chicago this September. The pizza will again be free and Heck just might buy some more beer. Seeing people face-to-face allows true feelings to show. One of Karen’s hugs can cure any sadness!

Take care all.

Regards,

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.