Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
This was in the paper yesterday - a little Seattle-centric but it covers a lot of the pet peeves we've been ranting about this week. (And here i thought i was the only West Coaster annoyed about having to watch everything tape delayed.)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ronjudd/2008118991_oly...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
This was in the paper yesterday - a little Seattle-centric but it covers a lot of the pet peeves we've been ranting about this week. (And here i thought i was the only West Coaster annoyed about having to watch everything tape delayed.)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ronjudd/2008118991_oly......

OMG!! That was priceless! I was laughing so hard the kids told me to take it in the other room.
Thanks for posting that,
Kathleen
And there's still more volleyball tonight
And there's still more volleyball tonight

And many of us were thrilled.

Acme
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<< And there's still more volleyball tonight >>>

And many of us were thrilled.

Oh, I'm sorry. I really hope things improve in your life.
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 12
Oh, I'm sorry. I really hope things improve in your life.

I find it pathetic that you would actually insult someone because they disagree with your view on volleyball.

Acme
I find it pathetic that you would actually insult someone because they disagree with your view on volleyball.

I find it pathetic that the only women's sports they seem willing to show are the ones with the women in bikinis. I notice women's rowing has received just about zero coverage. The field events other than the foot races have received token coverage. I think they showed a total of three of the athletes.

How many volleyball games have they shown versus how many softball? Or maybe kayaking? Or maybe tennis. My complaint is not that they are showing volleyball, but that they are showing volleyball almost to the exclusion of the other sports. Apparently, you did not understand that part.

BTW, did anyone catch the Bahrainian woman in the sprint?
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 8
Apparently, you did not understand that part.

So after insulting me, now you are going to tell me what I do and do not understand? Classic.

I understood your point the first time you made it. I understood it the 5th time. And I understood it this time. But that does not change the FACT that many of us like seeing the volleyball coverage -- men's and women's; indoor and beach. I use the NUMEROUS other feeds that NBC provides to get my fix on events not shown in prime time.

Most people are able to be civil on a board like this; given your insults, I have to conclude you are not in that group.

I notice women's rowing has received just about zero coverage.

Uh, wrong. NBC showed about 2 hours worth of rowing this weekend. Most of that coverage was women's rowing. They also showed extensive coverage earlier in the games (during the preliminary heats before the repechage). But don't let the FACTS get in your way.

Or maybe kayaking?

Again, they gave this a good chunk of coverage over the weekend.

Or maybe tennis.

I guess having a separate channel that showed HOURS AND HOURS of tennis coverage is not enough.

My complaint is...

...never-ending?

Acme
"I find it pathetic that the only women's sports they seem willing to show are the ones with the women in bikinis."

If NBC was looking for ratings with the beach volleyball women, it failed miserably. I freely admit to enjoying the sight of beautiful women in skimpy outfits -- but the beach volleyball contestants just didn't fit the bill.
And even if the contestants were the cast of Baywatch, that was just too large a proportion of time to spend on one sport -- a sport that has little following compared to many others.

RB1
So after insulting me, now you are going to tell me what I do and do not understand?

You opened the door. Stop whining. I noticed you haven't jumped on anyone else that complained about too much volleyball.
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 4
Stop whining.

Truly LMAO. The only person that has been whining is the one that sits in front of your monitor.

I noticed you haven't jumped on anyone else that complained about too much volleyball.

I did not jump on you either. I simply said some of us were happy they are showing volleyball. YOU chose to insult me. So who jumped on whom?

Acme
(Still LMAO at the irony of the whiner telling someone else to stop whining.)
Here's Part II of that article, a bit belated:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ronjudd/2008135002_oly...
Here's Part II of that article, a bit belated:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ronjudd/2008135002_oly......

Heh.

Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt wins the 100 meters, breaking the world record as he runs into a gale-force headwind despite the fact that he begins dancing the "Hokey Pokey" at the 10-meter mark.
••••

China, angered by increased suspicion that some of its gymnasts are below the legal age of 16, says it will provide further birth documentation to IOC officials as soon as the girls bring it back from show-and-tell.

thanks.

=
They say the best comedy has a kernel of truth in it. This has more than just a kernel:

Goalie Hope Solo shuts out Brazil and helps the U.S. women's soccer team defend its gold medal, but still is not allowed to eat with the rest of the team until she says she is really, really, super-duper sorry for getting unjustly benched during last year's World Cup.

Great article, thanks for posting it.
Kathleen
Come on, you mean to tell us USA Soccer is still allowing this childish sorority sister bullcrap? If Solo completely loses it and rips the whole damn pack of those beyatches new A holes in the media or even, heaven forbid, goes postal on them all, I'd have a hard time blaming her. How the USA Soccer bigshots and that spineless new coach can allow this heartless behavior to be continued is beyond me. I hate them all, I really do.
Come on, you mean to tell us USA Soccer is still allowing this childish sorority sister bullcrap? If Solo completely loses it and rips the whole damn pack of those beyatches new A holes in the media or even, heaven forbid, goes postal on them all, I'd have a hard time blaming her. How the USA Soccer bigshots and that spineless new coach can allow this heartless behavior to be continued is beyond me. I hate them all, I really do

No, that was a satire. I was simply commenting on how close to the truth it was considering how b*tchy and obnoxious the rest of the team behaved after their loss at the Cup. I was so glad to see Ryan canned. He so deserved it, and not just for the complete disaster that happened with Solo. He was simply a horrible coach and he played right into the sorority BS that the old bats ran.
Kathleen
I'll point out that Hope Solo has Seattle ties which is probably the only reason she was mentioned in the article at all.
Yes, it was sort of like watching NBC, but with the significant advantage of not having to listen to Al Trautwig.

Had to be repeated.