Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
An interesting story that is somewhat on this same topic. My sister-in-law lived in a retirement community. Everyone knew each other and there was an older couple where the wife had alzheimers, and the husband was OK, but of course, getting older. They became friends with a somewhat younger couple there. They proposed to them, that they would buy a large house with a pool, big enough for all of them to live there, and they drew up legal documents that the younger couple would take care of the older couple until "the end." At that point, the younger couple would inherit the house, and I am pretty sure, a large chunk of the older couple's assets. The older couple were friends with the younger couple way before all of this took place, so there was trust between them.

It is an interesting scenario to think about. You would definitely need to have huge trust with the younger couple (and a good attorney). I mean, you see these stories on Dateline, where they poison them, to get the money much earlier. ha

-Footsox
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.