No. of Recommendations: 1
An item that isn't covered is how strict is the schedule and how do you handle it? Smaller ships don't have the services of much larger cruise ships. We have been on two smaller ship cruises. Passengers were around 120.

My husband has issues with the strict scheduling for meals and activities. All meals are on a specific schedule. He is not a morning person. The food was good. I have no complaints. Unlike large ships which have 24 hour food service. There is very limited access to food outside of the set schedule. The limited kitchen staff is making 6 meals a day (3 for passengers and 3 for crew). No room service.

The activities were included in the cost. Again with the choice of going or not and we didn't participate in all possible activities.

European river cruises probably have better access to ports. On the Costa Rica trip I was introduced to wet landing. I definitely should have more closely read the pre-cruise paperwork.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.