Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I work with many Orthodontists in a professional manner and have observed their use of Invisalign for their patients. A small but growing
number of them are increasing yearly the number of patients on which they elect to treat with Invisalign. My patients who require Orthodontic treatment are starting to ask for referrals to those Orthodontists who use invisalign. Nearly all Orthodontists in my area say that they offer Invisalgn treatment, but actually discourage or find other reasons they feel Invisalgn shouldn't be successful. Probably one reason besides the level of discomfort with a new system, is one of economics, Orthodontists are geared to the classic treatment with "braces" in their office setup, personnel, and I believe a set of Invisalgn liners cost substantially more than "braces and wire".

But,all in all, I have found Orthodontists to be quite an ethical lot and when the technique continues to improve and their experience level increases the use of Invisalgn will steadily increase. I suspect that 70% of all orthodontic treatment in 8-10 years will be with Invisalign
"type" of appliances.

My questions are 1. will copy-cat companies successfully emerge? 2. will
the market be large enough?

I personally think that Invisalgn is here to stay, and that it's share price will be back to the IPO level within 2 years.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.