Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
An S-Corp is a corporation, so follow the 1099 instructions for corporation payees. I believe you said that they're not required, but I haven't looked at the 1099 instructions, probably my least favorite.

Thanks, Phil. Per the instructions for the 1099, payments to corporations are not reportable, so I won't need to do anything for this one. I've not had one of these before as all of DH's subs tend to be sole proprietors like him with a few that are corporations, but this is the first time I've run across an LLC, and it confused me.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.