Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
This is a form of Lyme Disease that laid me low for a week. I am now finishing taking Doxycycline and feeling better, but was in the hospital with this.

Thanks to the hospital staff and my doctors!

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 14
"This is a form of Lyme Disease that laid me low for a week. I am now finishing taking Doxycycline and feeling better, but was in the hospital with this.

Thanks to the hospital staff and my doctors!

Vermonter "

I bet you were really ticked off.

Howie52

Oh deer!

Glad you are feeling better.
I hope this response does not cause a relapse.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anaplasmosis

I thought that was the name of the village in Fiddler on the Roof.What was those lyrics now?

Ana-plasmosis, Ana-plasmosis.
Underfed, overworked Ana-plasmosis.
Where else could Sabbath be so sweet?
Ana-plasmosis, Ana-plasmosis.
Intimate, obstinate Ana-plasmosis,
Where I know everyone I meet.

Seriously,I hope you are feeling better.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Like Covid, this is a disease that in some people has long lasting symptoms. I’ve read your posts over the years, Vermonter, and it’s my impression that like many of us geezers on this board, you’re a tough old bird, so I’m hoping that you continue to improve and have a good recovery.

Trini
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ticks are nasty little blood sucking septic tanks. Sorry to hear one of the infected ones got you. It was a really bad spring and early summer for them here. We seem to be past the peak but still check ourselves and our dog every time we come in from the woods. I'm glad to hear that the Doxycycline is clearing things up. Keep an eye out for long term effects. I had a former student who struggled with them for years, but his initial infection did not get caught early.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Years ago, there were no ticks to speak of in my NE Ohio area.....now we are inundated with mostly dog ticks. Funny story....

Last year at 2a.m. I found a tick on my back. I live alone and wanted this thing gone, NOW! I called EMS because on TV they do everything. They came, told me they do not remove ticks but could drive me to the hospital. And, in the middle of the night who would drive me home??? So, although I no longer drive at night, I ventured out for the nearest 24hr emergency clinic. Lucky me, not a soul on the road. The doctor removed the dog tick, and driving home, again, not a soul on the road and made it home safely.

This year, again, tick on my back, but it was daytime and my daughter came over and removed it. Again, a dog tick. Two years ago, my chiropractor found an engorged tick on my upper back!!! I had to take it to my doctor for ID and he concluded not a back legged tick but gave me Doxy just in case.

In spring, the ticks are so bad now. I go out with OFF, hat, long pants.

We lived in NJ in 1966...dog brought in engorged ticks unbeknownst to us....apartment loaded with baby ticks.

Birgit
No. of Recommendations: 1
Might be a good idea to put your dog on those once a month anti-tick applicators.