Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Anarag,

I don't think I've ever seen GG (or MF) attempt to make predictions on a one year or less time frame. Even if the investment thesis is correct, mr. market can be awful fickled in the short term. The 2 to 3 year time frame Tim mentioned seems to me to be an ideal time frame. Attempting to make predictions for a 5 year or longer time frame as you suggested, would be foolish (lower case f) for anyone to attempt. It's not as if they don't review and update recommendations as time goes on.

I find it surprising that (as I read your posts) you seem be be asking them to micromanage their picks for you. You appear to do as much or more research than anyone on the board, and come to your own conclusions.

As far as assessing risks, I think that is pretty well spelled out in the "when we would sell" commentary when the rec comes out. Also updated on the boards. I find the dialoge much more helpful than some bar graph on the chart.

Your posts are usually insightful and thoughtful. Did you stub your toe getting out of bed this morning?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.