Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
and advertising is what drives many AM and FM revenue models.

This is why the subscribtion model is doomed.

What value is added to the S radio that I have to buy and subscribe to over the free air radio. This has never been an attraction for me, their basic plan for "Making money" is in error because it will never put a must have "transistor radio" in each persons hands and surly not at current prices. The'primary research' I think is greatly flawed for it flies in the face of common sense not because I have read the research, like I am the one they need to convince anyway, but all history of the advetising model is being ignored.

Why did people go to cable or dish and pay to see TV?
1. Reception of signal. 2. Additional programing.
The only thing S radio has over Free air is number 2.

2005 $145,680,000
It will take years to pay off debt.
In the meantime no reward for any shareholders.

There is no G Game here.

And as a side note. Since all internet baseball went to the RealPlayer subscribe model, I have not had a Realplayer on my machine. The "Free" advertising radio is now on for the games. So the winner here is WGN and the advertizers and the loser here is Realplayer. Have not missed real player at all. Another one in my book for the scrap heap of history.

I think I have grumbled enough for today.
Another 2¢ ☺☺
Dennis

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.