Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
And I also agree with the need for firearm training . But this is a way governments can block firearm possession, just make the test too difficult to pass ,too expensive etc

Axe-u-lee, they are doing that now-a-daze.

Any time the subject of voter id comes up. the liberal scream disenfranchisement claiming the cost of obtaining an ID is equivalent to a poll tax.

No, Mike, they ain’t liberals, they be Marxists. I vaguely remembers <its h3LL when one gets old because memory be one of them things dat declines> a case from the late 60s/early 70s that the Extreme Court said in effect that one has a constitutional right of free travel. If that be true, why do I have to prove who I am in order to board a train, plane, bus, etc. with a “Real ID” card or passport??? About 20 or 18 years ago, I applied for a new passport (cost me something like 80 bucks). I included copy of my “original” birth certificate that was given to my parents with the application. The application was rejected because the copy of the birth certificate did not include the time of my birth. I had to write to the State of Noo Joisey, pay a fee, etc. to get a certified copy of my birth to get a new passport. The copy of that “original” certificate I sent them was fine for me to join the U.S. navy, get a secret security clearance, get my first passport and get a top secret security clearance but not to get a passport this century.
;-(

I would also be in favor of some minimal training to get a voter ID card with a proof of citizenship, but then I’m not a liberal/Marxist, me. In the case of firearms training in Loosiana, it was mostly on the laws and examples in the state on self-defense and where one can not legally carry a firearm. One example is if they find Bordeaux face down with 47 buckshot pellets in his back Thibodaux probably won’t be able to claim self defense, no. It was also illegal to carry a firearm concealed in places of worship, court houses, etc., etc. Since state laws tend to change over time, it would also be wise to have refresher training every so many years.
;-)

C.J.V.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
From the article linked by ICF

RICE University Political Science Professor Mark Jones doesn’t believe that Patrick actually has any desire to pass the Constitutional Carry bill. “If this was a high priority for Dan Patrick he would either make sure that all 18 Republicans are onboard, or he would have brought over (Democratic State Senators) Eddie Lucio Jr or Chuy Hinojosa,” said Jones.

-----------------

For a while now I have had this feeling the Dan Patrick has become a squishy conservative. I think he has ambitions for a national office and is trying to project a middle of the road image. Antics like this confirm that suspicion.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Louisiana bill lifting concealed carry permit requirement advances; here's why some oppose it
BY BLAKE PATERSON | Staff writer Apr 19, 2021 - 2:57 pm

A Louisiana Senate committee on Monday advanced legislation that would remove the permitting requirement for the concealed carrying of handguns.

Senate Bill 118 would allow anyone aged 21 or older to carry a concealed handgun, unless they’re prohibited by state or federal law from owning a firearm.

State Sen. Jay Morris, R-West Monroe, the sponsor . . . .

See https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/legisl... for story.

FWIW, I agree that there should be training before one is allowed to carry a concealed firearm. There also should be some training before one is issued their first hunting license, drivers license, boating license, etc., etc. IMHO. The training can be performed by the state police instead of commercial ranges by signing up at the local police department and being bussed to the training area/range periodically.

In my case, the cost of the training wasn’t excessive and the permit was free because I am a veteran. The only problem I had was that I was rejected the first time because they didn’t like the look of my finger prints taken by the firearms training instructor. I went to the state police office in Baton Rouge and had their expert take my prints.
;-)

C.J.V.
FWIW, I agree that there should be training before one is allowed to carry a concealed firearm.

Encouraged but not mandatory. Violation of the 2nd amendment. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Rope
No. of Recommendations: 4
Tennessee has constitutional Carry effective 7/1/21 (handgun only ,for some unknown reason it does not include rifles) Republicans have a large majority in the state legislature. So as talk at the national level is toward more control it is moving the other way in many states. Which can have odd effects -for instance "switch blade" knives are legal at TN state level but are banned at federal level. Much like the situation with pot in some states.
And I also agree with the need for firearm training . But this is a way governments can block firearm possession, just make the test too difficult to pass ,too expensive etc. And while it may take hours of training to make someone proficient it should not take long to teach the safety basics- getting people to follow those rules is harder. Spend much time on a public highway and you will see lots of idiot rule breakers. All of whom passed a safe driving course.
No. of Recommendations: 6
And I also agree with the need for firearm training . But this is a way governments can block firearm possession, just make the test too difficult to pass ,too expensive etc - mauser

------------------

Any time the subject of voter id comes up. the liberal scream disenfranchisement claiming the cost of obtaining an ID is equivalent to a poll tax.

However, when it comes to our rights under the 2A, there are no limits on costs, taxes on fire arms, taxes on ammunition, special training, high ongoing licensing fees, proposals to require insurance, and so on.

Consistent logical thought is not a strong suit with many liberals.
And I also agree with the need for firearm training . But this is a way governments can block firearm possession, just make the test too difficult to pass ,too expensive etc

Axe-u-lee, they are doing that now-a-daze.

No, Mike, they ain’t liberals, they be Marxists. I vaguely remembers <its h3LL when one gets old because memory be one of them things dat declines> a case from the late 60s/early 70s that the Extreme Court said in effect that one has a constitutional right of free travel. If that be true, why do I have to prove who I am in order to board a train, plane, bus, etc. with a “Real ID” card or passport??? About 20 or 18 years ago, I applied for a new passport (cost me something like 80 bucks). I included copy of my “original” birth certificate that was given to my parents with the application. The application was rejected because the copy of the birth certificate did not include the time of my birth. I had to write to the State of Noo Joisey, pay a fee, etc. to get a certified copy of my birth to get a new passport. The copy of that “original” certificate I sent them was fine for me to join the U.S. navy, get a secret security clearance, get my first passport and get a top secret security clearance but not to get a passport this century.
;-(

I would also be in favor of some minimal training to get a voter ID card with a proof of citizenship, but then I’m not a liberal/Marxist, me. In the case of firearms training in Loosiana, it was mostly on the laws and examples in the state on self-defense and where one can not legally carry a firearm. One example is if they find Bordeaux face down with 47 buckshot pellets in his back Thibodaux probably won’t be able to claim self defense, no. It was also illegal to carry a firearm concealed in places of worship, court houses, etc., etc. Since state laws tend to change over time, it would also be wise to have refresher training every so many years.
;-)

C.J.V.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Encouraged but not mandatory. Violation of the 2nd amendment. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Virtually everyone in this forum has at one time or another talked about how much they train in various ways(going to the range every weekend, taking tactical defense training, etc.) Why then the opposition to training associated with carrying? I wouldn't own a gun because I don't have the time to train in such a way to give me a high level of expertise. So hence, I don't expect anyone to sell me a weapon. But this opposition to training (and I have also seen it also discussed at Evan Nappen's Facebook page) is puzzling.
The 15th amendment is my voter ID.
But this opposition to training (and I have also seen it also discussed at Evan Nappen's Facebook page) is puzzling.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? You cannot mandate training as a requirement to keep and bear arms, not without violating the 2nd. I know it's really really hard for many to understand, but it is the truth.

Rope

Amendment 15 is as follows:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

It does not give you or anyone else permission to vote anonymously.

Rope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excellent, then you completely agree that you must prove that you are in fact a citizen of the United States in order to receive that right granted by the United States.
"You cannot mandate training as a requirement to keep and bear arms, not without violating the 2nd"

It's not guys like you, who is an expert shooter, that the general pulic has to worry about. It's the weekend warrior who only thinks he/she knows how to shoot, that is a risk to everyone. But if people are opposed to training those folks, that's their choice.
"Excellent, then you completely agree that you must prove that you are in fact a citizen of the United States in order to receive that right granted by the United States."

A friend of mine, very pro-2nd guy, wears a t-shirt that says "The 2nd Amendment is my permit". So that's how I feel about voter ID: "The 15th Amendment is my ID".
So that's how I feel about voter ID: "The 15th Amendment is my ID".

All of the Amendments / Rights are for citizens, thus a Citizen ID Passport should allow you to exercise all of them.
that amendment applies equally to all since everybody is a member of some "race". And everybody has some "color "in their skin. And it has zero to do with second amendment
If one believes in a rule of law you can not pick and choose which parts of the Constitution you want to honor when writing laws. Though a substantial number of politicians do just that. Hypocrisy is their middle name. And that of those who support them.
Since state laws tend to change over time...

Education...

I'd advise that you should keep an eye on YOUR state's gun laws.

Start with YOUR state's government web site.

Ours in VA is here: https://www.virginia.gov/

Now, if you really wish to "deep dive" into the mess and attempt to find what you're looking for, you can start here: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/

However, I already know the information I'm looking for is here: https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms.shtm

You can also look up additional information here: https://handgunlaw.us/ ...(please realize a website like this can only do so much to continuously update individual state information on a daily basis)...

And the same with: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_m...

Bill

*not directed at C.J.V.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Virtually everyone in this forum has at one time or another talked about how much they train in various ways(going to the range every weekend, taking tactical defense training, etc.)

Hmm. I don't believe I ever have.

Why then the opposition to training associated with carrying?

Some do, some don't.

Why do some folks throw up an opposition to Voter I.D. cards?

I wouldn't own a gun because I don't have the time to train in such a way to give me a high level of expertise.

High level of expertise...Hmm.

I don't feel I need THAT much experience/training.

However, I will say that you ARE NOT the type of person who should ever own a gun.

Bill
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

However, I will say that you (ICF)ARE NOT the type of person who should ever own a gun.

Tru dat!
"However, I will say that you ARE NOT the type of person who should ever own a gun."

I don't have sufficient time to practice enough to beome an expert. Hence I agree, I should not be allowed to own a gun.
I don't have sufficient time to practice enough to beome an expert.

You do not need to be an expert to know how to safely handle a firearm.

Hence I agree, I should not be allowed to own a gun.

And, since you have the right to go buy one, who could/would possibly stop you if you decided to "crack-up" and go on a killing spree?

Bill

*you don't need to be an expert to shoot people because you cracked-up either