Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
And I'm seeing a lot of the buying on the dips thinking the stocks will rebound and continual the (mostly) unjustified rise in price.

Generally you are best buying on the way up with these speculative stocks and getting out when they start dropping since their prices aren't close to being justified by their earnings. The exception are the quality stocks they often drop when the market itself tanks (the old throw the baby out with the bath water saying).

I just see a lot of what I say in the late 90s and watched as coworkers kept buying on the way down and ended up losing some huge profits they could have ran away with on the way up.

Anyhow I'm not involved with most of them so I can watch from a distance.

Anyone that has made 100%+ in the last year or two should consider themselves very fortunate and not get greedy but that rarely happens.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.