Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
And if I'm not home and can't switch cars, I'll call AAA and they will be out in about 30 minutes then its off to Costco to get a new battery.

You have a better AAA than we do. A recent call to them was a 1.5 hours wait to change a flat tire. A nice person can by and changed the tire before they got there.

I don't have a need or a want for such a device for around town, day to day driving activities.

But to answer your question, this is the one I would buy. It is by far the most dependable...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1400-Peak-Amp-Jump-Starte......

I sometimes work late where my vehicle is parked in a limited access lot. I would have to find someone else onsite with jumper cables unless I carry my own. I do have jumper cables but they are more bulky than these compact portable batteries. A side benefit of these compact batteries is that if there is a power loss in the house, they have USB ports which can be used to power electronic devices. The one that you linked is to bulky to carry around all the time in the vehicle and I do not have any need for a tire compressor.

PSU
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.