Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
And if they are imaginary?? Courtesy of Faux Noise and OANN and Spewsmax, a lot of it is. Are we supposed to address every invisible purple dragon they come up with?

If it is preventing your party from getting elected then yes. One should at least think about why it is so many are believing the imaginary. That is probably the only way one might find a solution. But really most of the concerns are not imaginary.

To achieve a working majority that will allow major changes the democrats need to get 60% of the electorate behind them. The only way they can achieve that is to stop fighting cultural wars. The abortion issue alone prevents either party from ever achieving much more than 50% popularity.

It is a radical proposal but if I were running the party the platform would only talk about the economy, education, foreign policy, crime, and the national defense. I would do my best to make cultural issues like racism, feminism, gay rights, abortion, prayer in school, etc as nonpartisan as possible. No more cultural litmus tests.

I actually think this would be in the long-term best interests of all these cultural issues. Political partisanship makes everything more difficult. Liberals and conservatives all get abortions. Homosexuals live in red states and blue. Get rid of the politics and maybe a consensus can actually be achieved.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.