Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
And if this global double standard wasn’t enough, our own politicians seem to have fallen victim to the anti-Canadian foreign influence ....

They have a mandate? From who ... certainly not me. They don't want to do their own impact studies?

I wonder if the maritime provinces can file an injunction over economic concerns? We import our oil from Africa, US or Saudi Arabia.

My dear old French Canadian mom would be ranting again. She always ranted at Quebec even though she was born within a few kilometers of the border in New Brunswick.

Tim

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/newsalert-quebec-seek-inju...

Quebec wants injunction against Energy East pipeline over environmental concerns

By The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press – 1 hour 33 minutes ago

His announcement came a few weeks after a coalition of Quebec environmental groups said it would take legal action against Energy East for the same reasons.

Quebec's environmental regulation agency is set to begin hearings on Energy East on March 7, but the environmental coalition that is seeking to block the project says its mandate is "truncated" because of the absence of impact studies.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.