Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
And, in reverse, I need her to show me where she has all the passwords and login info for the bills. She handles that and I would have a hard time finding it all if she were unavailable. After all, death is not the only issue... there is incapacity due to illness or accident. Stuff happens.

We keep a password manager and both know the master password to access the records. Since I do most of the financials, both investments and bills, I do have to remember sometimes to go back to the manager and record the passwords. I need to work more on sitting down with him and going over everything now and then.

Since he's still the primary income maker (and has pensions that greatly reduce for the survivor) but I'm both younger, in better health, have family with longevity and am female, we usually assume barring getting hit by the bus, I'll probably outlive him - so I tend to mind the store with that in mind - and as I tell him, I run the financials with the thought of not having to eat cat food if he dies unexpectedly (it's expensive!).

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.