Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
And none of them will have any contact with anyone who is in a high risk group ?

That is the prevailing theory - or at least no *new* contact with someone in a high risk group.

They are teenage boys so there is the built in Gross Factor.

But hopefully since all their equipment is already in use and they will all be with each other all the time anyway, the exposure is limited to the same *type* of exposure they would get in town at tournaments/restaurants, etc. while traveling.

They also have a plan in place for cleaning the surfaces of the bus, where they will be staying, and for literally standing at public bathroom doors visibly watching them washing their hands. Because a herd of teenage boys are just gross (bears repeating).

The school district has also been communicating about their plans for possible exposure/actual confirmed cases, and so far the sports directors feel there is no greater risk from travel ball than local ball (since there have been confirmed cases less than an hour away from the school, and any "local ball" would be with teams that traveled into here).

Parental vote had them all going. I voted No, but I'm not a solid enough No not to send him with his ball team if they are going. A couple parents were solid Nos, so some very, very lucky Freshman are taking their places (usually Freshman don't travel).

I'm crossing my fingers and will just wash my own hands extra to try to control the anxiety.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.