Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
And, overall, I resent the unilateral decision on Apple's part to walk away from the world's most popular connector format. Yes, there are bridges and dongles that can bridge the gap. I resent spending more money to make a very expensive laptop useful to me. Especially when you consider that, for my applications, the Mac is nowhere near twice as good as the Windows competition.

I also understand that the Apple Faithful view the last paragraph as blasphemy. Which is why I stopped replying to this thread. Whatever. You do you.

I don't completely disagree, but I don't completely agree, either. For the most part, the only way any progress has been made in the computer industry has been when Apple has been "heavy-handed". The only reason we have HTML5 is because Apple refused stay in old "industry standard" of Flash (something that came out in the 80s IIRC) on the iPhones.

I may not always LIKE the fact that they have eliminated some old industry standards, but I love the fact that they make things move forward.

Kathleen

BTW, for me, I was not pleased at first, but then I realized I really did not need it that much anyway.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.