Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
and refusing to let your vague, unidentified concerns about Leon Black being a shareholder spook me out of my investment.

Would you PLEASE stop putting words into my mouth I did not say? I am not trying to spook anyone out of an investment based on Leon Black being a shareholder. I just want anyone making an investment to do their due diligence--an appauling number of people on these message boards do not.

I could care less what your conclusions are at the end of this due diligence. Nor have I have done due diligence on this issue, so I am not qualified to make an opinion on whether Leon Black being a shareholder is a good thing, a bad thing, or just plain nuetral. And seeing as I have no position in the company (long or short), I don't have any incentive to do any research on the matter.

Check out what I wrote in my last post: I have no idea if there's a conflict of interest, but if I were to invest in the company based partly on the fact that Lion Black owns lots of shares, I'd first confirm we were reading off the same page.

Stop saying I'm trying to spook people out of owning the stock, because I'm not. If I wanted to spook people out of owning the stock, I'd point to their fianancial statements. Huge amounts of debt. Losing loads of money. No profits expected for years. Now THAT's scary stuff.

-- Ryan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.