Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
And that probably left your mom using the assets and most certainly you are still here. So what's your point?

What assets ? My father was in the merchant marine - paid by the voyage. She got a small pension with no increase ever and eventually social security. She was 56 & he was 59.

I'm here. What's your point ?

Not remotely a concern, or we would not be giving them as much as they are getting right away, which would pay for a village of people to get a ticket home without the Red Cross.

I should have explained. My daughter was an AF dependent and the Red Cross would have been in charge of getting her home if we had waited. It was a holiday weekend and it took her husband a couple of days because they had to arrange it for him. He was coming from Oman but his permanent assignment was England which is where she was.

Clearly your knowledge of the protections a trust can offer are limited, if you think the above is the only reason to get a trust.

No, I fully understand. A friend and I have discussed them in detail. Usually we do it every summer.

For those who have retired at an age where they have young adults that could inherit a good deal of money if they suddenly died, consider the consequences of receiving that money.

I retired from full-time employment at 49. I don't see consequences, only opportunity.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.