No. of Recommendations: 2
And there you go citing editorials as if they were facts. When you do that or cite Breitbart as a source, you invite the easy dismissal because the charge is not credible coming from such a source. It is a bit like expecting a reasoned dialog about a stock market tip which one picked up from the cabbie ... unless one can support the contention from more reasonable sources, there is nothing to discuss.

This whole thing is reminiscent of the campaign and taking a tiny piece of an exchange out of context and making it seem like something it isn't.

See http://www.politico.com/playbook/0213/playbook10122.html for the actual context.

You start off a threat with, "Bob: I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad."????

You start off the response to a supposed threat by saying, “Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat;"

Just a bunch of nonsense. The attention needs to be focused on actually doing something to get us out of this mess that Congress themselves created. Whether or not Obama or someone in the White House might have originally made a proposal which was vaguely like this ... pretty much everyone thought it was a reasonable way out of the situation at the time and the final wording passed with strong bipartisan support. I.e., Congress created this situation.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.