No. of Recommendations: 3
Wow. Just a few days after I purchased shares in SolarCity, shares popped about 20% on news that SolarCity and Direct Energy created a partnership for solar electricity generation for Direct Energy's commercial and industrial customers. The best article I found was this one at Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/uciliawang/2013/09/10/how-utilit...

Pardon me while I do a little jig. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Nice to see that even TMF's sometimes get excited by big price moves!

Congratulations Jim.

John
No. of Recommendations: 2
Nice to see that even TMF's sometimes get excited by big price moves!

Ha! Yeah, we like it when our holdings or recommendations move up. :-) Unfortunately, my personal holding is still underwater...

You should have seen David earlier today. He stopped by my desk and said, "Today is a good day!" with a big grin on his face. Netflix at $313, of course (and that's helped the MUE port quite a bit). And I have to say I kind of raised my eyebrows upon learning of his recent re-recommendation of it at $240 or so. Looks good, so far!

It's a good feeling to see something that we picked get some love from the market. Of course, the danger is using such love to say, "I am a genius!" The market can take away just as quickly and try to convince you that you're a (lower case-f) fool, too. But we wouldn't be doing what we're doing if we didn't think we had some sort of advantage, whether it's good picking ability (and I lag far behind David in that) or the luxury of holding for several years (which I called out in today's EXPD purchase article) or whatever.

Yeah, today was a good day for the MUE port. New high for the port today feels pretty good. Right now, at least. :-)

Cheers,
Jim