Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Andy,

We will be sad to see you go if that remains your final decision.

I wont burden you with pointing out that a large percentage of the Motley Fool service is teaching and education on investment.

As for being down, I honestly believe that the majority of those who post about their gains have noses that keep getting longer and longer with each post :)

Those of us in the down club include Warren Buffet, the majority of the previously best hedge funds, pension funds, Palm Beach retirees, people with MBAs in finance ..... seems the only person who got out in front of this was Bernie Madoff and he used fluff and lies and now we will support him for the rest of his life.

The only thing I will say about leaving is you must consider that we are in a hammered market that may be clipping the bottom though actual upward movement could take another year ... or just two months. The opportunity to evaluate your holdings, shift your remaining assets to bottomed out value deals, target new companies to progressively invest in and track the best opportunities for new investments only come along every 15 to 20 years. If you move on, be sure to read, learn and understand.

It's tough. During the last big crash of equities most of us used brokers. They did nothing to help us but at least you could yell at them face to face.

Bears
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.