Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Dreamer,

Just using your board to record some pre-earnings jitters.

One, I made a procedural error by selling a covered call which expires after earnings release. Just lack of attention, not hitting a screen button. In this case, CRWD $192 calls expiring the 6th, with earnings AMC the 5th. I bought the shares just for selling the calls, purchased at $87.51. CRWD then trended down leaving me under water for the trade. So now, as I write, CRWD has rallied to $86.04, down 2.01% which as raised the call so that I am still under water. Wait, No!. The time premium has dropped during the day--so close to the expiration. O.k., I am now up $1,200. My max gain on the premium will be $3,275 if I hold to expiration. I think the experienced trader would pocket the profit since even a random tweet could evaporate the profit, let alone a post-earning tissy fit by Mr. Market....

Two, I have MDB as #2 position and it is up 6%, well now 5.75%, today. Thinking of trimming.

Yikes!, ten minutes 'til market closes. If I'm trimming MDB it is time to act.

KC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.