Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
angussb,

Good points. Thanks. I thought about this a lot last night. I think Trump was a safe bet to use as an example.

My guess is Tom and David have some good, short term shorts in their personnel portfolios. The idea of TMF is to show us how to find our own way in the stock world.

It wouldn't hurt if TMF had 500,000 people buying GM with the Foolish Four. However, you probably wouldn't want 500,000 people shorting the same stocks at the same time. Hence, Trump was a good, safe, long term example to show us how its done. Well, that's my take on it.

As for me, I'm too new to decide on shorting or not. I have a lot of learning to do, so I guess I'll try and do the math to see how they came accross Trump as a good short.

Thanks for the input.
jgspitz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.