Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ann,
A REIT is a Real Esdtate Investment Trust which is a basicaly a company that invests and frequently owns and operates a group or Real Estate holdings. They typicaly specialize in industry or geographic or both segments and like, LP's, distribute most of their earnings in tax advantaged capital distributions (although there is a bill in congress at present to eleminate some of those benefits....wht else is new.....). Some of the holdings I listeed are REITS such as SSI. FRESX is a Mutual that invests in REITS that has done fairly well returning about 35% annualy in the two years I have held it.
Don't think I am qualified to run a board concerning these types of investments, it would be great to find an "sxpert", perhaps someone from a fund, to `run it though!
Anna was also the sister of Dido who is credited as the founder of Carthage and was the daughter of Pygmalion's sister....to strech a point. There is a feast day celebrated in Italy in Anna's name on March 15 which, in Roman history is a rather infamous date.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.