No. of Recommendations: 37
I've been a Fool for nearly 20 years and it's been a truly rewarding experience. But I've not always been able to afford the Foolish premium service subscriptions I've wanted. After posting about the former Time Warner on the public boards for a couple years, I was invited to join Stock Advisor. I quickly learned that the more I posted, the more credit I built up with Member Services. Over 55,000 posts later, I've earned the opportunity to present the latest TMF outreach to The Motley Fool Community.

It is my privilege to announce The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund!

If you're like me, you treasure opening up your browser each morning to see the latest posts by TMFTortoise, TMFVicki, TMF1000 and TMFLifeIsGood, CMFHuibs, CMFALieberman, and more. But not everyone has this privilege. Some cannot afford even a basic subscription to Stock Advisor or Rule Breakers, let alone a Supernova subscription, Premier Pass or Motley Fool One. They can't benefit from any of the Discover series of services, Total Income, Marijuana Masters or the secretive CryptoSociety. The long and short of it is that The Motley Fool has become an incredible value for an incredible price.

To be fair, turning The Motley Fool into a global empire hasn't come cheap and with the incredible success of Tom and David's teams of analysts, investment research costs have gone up. Don't get me wrong - I don't begrudge TMFVicki her personal masseuse, TMF1000 his personal editor, TMFPencils a private plane to jet around the world to all the services he now leads, or even TMFTortoise his personal dictation secretary who ghost posts for him.

Nor do I argue with David Gardner's need for his personal island escape or Tom Gardner's organic, GMO-free farm from which he sources all his food. These and more are well earned perks by TMF Fools who work hard every day to make The Motley Fool a service for which the rest of us Fools will mortgage their homes, take out Pay Day loans, or sell their blood and organs to afford.

But not every Fool has that extra kidney to give. And that is why The Motley Fool has invited me to introduce to you The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund:

http://bit.ly/FoolScholars

The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund is a crowd sourced scholarship fund created to help lesser Fools afford the premium services those of us more advantaged take for granted every day. Whether it's a subscription to Stock Advisor or Rule Breakers for starving artists or college students living off parent trust funds, or down-on-their-luck Fools desperate to get into the top tier services like Everlasting Portfolio, Discovery: Home Run Stocks, or Blast Off.

The long and short of it is that some Fools need help and The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund is here to serve. The way it works is simple - Fools who have achieved or exceeded their investment goals can create Foolish Scholarships in their name or in the name of a Fool they follow and respect. And Fools who need a helping hand can apply for the financial support they need to remain part of the TMF Community.

Since the service launched at 12:01am this morning, there have already been over 4,000 scholarships created, granting over $10m to Fools in need. The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund seeks to change Foolish lives one portfolio at a time. If you would like to learn more, please visit:

And join us tonight for our black tie launch gala, the First Annual Fabulously Foolish Fundraiser! Yes, The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund has leased a grounded Boeing 737 Max 8 airplane for a private launch party.

By the time they reach 35, 80% of foolish adults are underfunding their retirement savings, and 25% are still paying off debt or putting saving for their children ahead of saving for their own future. But since The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund launched at 12:01am this morning, over 100,000 Fools have become or returned to being premium service subscribers, regardless of socioeconomic status.

So whether you need a helping hand or are offering one, check out The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund!

The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund is not associated with The Motley Fool or Fool.com. Due to SEC Regulations, discussion of The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund in or on The Motley Fool Community discussion boards is highly encouraged. The more people who donate, the more scholarships can be given out! The IRS has also asked me to inform you that donations are not tax deductible, though recipients of scholarship grants in 2019 will also receive a 1099-FOOL before January 31st of 2020.

Fuskie
Who is also pleased to announce that fellow Fool HoleInMyPocket was the first ever recipient of The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund, earning a full ride membership to the brand new Motley Fool Universe service, which includes not only the Motley Fool One service but also TMF's planned new multi-dimensional ventures, which (rumor has it) will include time travel to achieve a 100% portfolio success rate...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME) and MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
...yada, yada, etc.

Fuskie
Who is also pleased to announce that fellow Fool HoleInMyPocket was the first ever recipient of The Motley Fool Scholarship Fund, earning a full ride membership to the brand new Motley Fool Universe service, which includes not only the Motley Fool One service but also TMF's planned new multi-dimensional ventures, which (rumor has it) will include time travel to achieve a 100% portfolio success rate...

-------------------------------

Happy April Fool's Day to you, too.

Bill
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hahahahahha...

That was a good one :)

I really got fooled on this one.
I read almost 75% of the post with full concentration when I realised :0
Damn

Happy April Fools Day!
No. of Recommendations: 1
I saw this 1,000 word post and thought it was likely ghost written by tom e. I didn't read (too long!) but hit recommend anyway because I like Fuskie.

Jeb
No. of Recommendations: 2
I read almost 75% of the post with full concentration when I realised

Music to my ears!

Fuskie
Who tried to get a little more outlandish the more you read, and really sold the punch line with the mock web page...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME) and MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...