Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have tax-related questions and I was wondering if you're familiar with filling out tax forms. My 401K savings plan is effective this week and so far, I've put down 6% of my base salary since I have company contribution (match). That's when I started to think more closely about my annual taxable earnings. For 2004 tax schedule, taxable income not over 29,700 will put individuals in the 15% tax bracket and under. For standard deductions, singles have up to 4,850. In order for individuals to be taxed at the 25% tax bracket, do they have up to 34,550 for their annual taxable income? Let's say for instance my net taxable income ranges between 31K-33K, after all deductibles and 401k contribution. Although this range is over the taxable income of 29,700, but under the taxable income including the standard deduction. Is this the right concept? Still learning here.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.