Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Since I am able to reduce my IRA distribution, I needed to take out some income on a regular basis to make up for the $7000 reduction. I consolidated my Annuities into "Income Advantage" Fidelity. Figured I could have about the same income but not pay as much tax. I was charged a "CALIFORNIA premium tax" on my purchase amount. No one has as yet been able to tell me what this tax is for. Can I use it for a tax deduction ? Or is it one of those little things that the State likes to Zing you with ? Would appreciate any comment or explanation available.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.