Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 12
Anonymous has just placed links on the internet which will allow citizen investigators and reporters to open up the accounts of every Rightwing hate/conspiracy site using Epik as their web registar and domain host.

Some names in the article trusting Epik as their domain host: 8 Chan (by extension,QAnon), Parler, Gab, TheDonald and and other websites of the ilk have had all their users' information place on the internet in plain text:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-hack-far-right-sites-ano...

Analysis of the data by the Daily Dot revealed the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of those who registered web domains for a range of sites related to everything from the QAnon conspiracy theory to forums for supporters of former President Donald Trump. The data was also verified on Wednesday evening by the Record. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

A Linux engineer tasked with conducting an impact assessment on behalf of a client who uses Epik’s services told the Daily Dot that the breach was one of the worst he had ever seen. The engineer did not have permission to speak about the breach by his employer and was granted anonymity by the Daily Dot.

“They are fully compromised end-to-end,” they said. “Maybe the worst I’ve ever seen in my 20-year career.”

The engineer pointed the Daily Dot to what they described as Epik’s “entire primary database,” which contains hosting account usernames and passwords, SSH keys, and even some credit card numbers—all stored in plaintext.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
Epik CEO Robert Monster

I mean, if you're going to make your money hosting nazi websites, why not have the name for it.
Print the post Back To Top