Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just got another short story accepted, this time for Drabblecast (an audio podcast). It's a paying market (1.5 cents a word, but still!) and although they did ask me to change one line of the story to keep it PG, I didn't have a problem with that.

Ok, so this year, so far I've earned the grand total of $31 from my fiction writing! More than I earned last year....

Also had a piece that was published online selected for their print "Best of 2008" anthology. Pretty excited about that one, too.

Not ready to quit my day job just yet, though...
Print the post Back To Top
Wow, you've been on a roll lately, haven't you. Congradulations!

And congradulations on making more in three months than you did for the whole of last year. This is probably a sign that your writing is evolving and getting better.
Congratulations on your continued publishing...any publishing is a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Now back under my rock,

Spence, who should be doing his taxes
Awesome!

I believe Stephen King wrote in On Writing something to the effect that "If you've ever paid the electric bill with money that someone paid you to publish something you wrote, then you have *made it*".

MV << haven't made it yet
Congratulations, Edith. Little by little, the small pile of acceptances grows into a mountain.

May your mountain rise quickly....

Mark.