Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you donate appreciated stock worth more than your income, you can deduct up to 30% of your AGI. If you donate cash, the amount is 50%.

What if you donate a mix of appreciated stock and cash? Can you use the cash donation first to get the biggest deduction and carry the rest over or do you have to take a mixed deduction. How would you do that?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.