Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
13 days after the lone anthrax infection detection, and 9 days after the death of Stevens by such infection (the AMI employee in Florida), the FBI was still claiming there is/was no evidence to support any linkage between the hijackers and the Anthrax scare.

That was the story as recently as Saturday evening.

Now the Miami Herald reports this on Monday morning:

Confirming a clear link between the terrorists targeting America and the South Florida company hit by anthrax cases, the FBI said Sunday that the wife of The Sun tabloid editor rented two Delray Beach apartments to two hijack suspects killed in the Sept. 11 suicide missions.

Sun editor Michael Irish's wife, Gloria, a real estate agent, rented unit 1504 at the Delray Racquet Club, 755 Dotterel Rd., to Hamza Alghamdi and unit 260 at the Hamlet Country Club, 401 Greensward Lane, to Marwan al-Shehhi this summer, said FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela.

http://www.miami.com/herald/special/news/terrorism/digdocs/078725.htm

Either we have the dumbest investigators on the planet on the case or we are not getting the truth as it becomes known.

I'm no investigator, but common sense makes it hard to believe that it would take nine to twelve days to establish that anyone working at AMI or direct family to such employees had any kind of link to the dead hijackers.

I think it would have been one of my first questions?

``Right now, it looks like a coincidence,' Orihuela said from outside the tabloid's Boca Raton headquarters. ``We are not searching the apartments at this time. We are focusing on this building.'

Yeah, right. There's only a few million folks in South Florida, and a couple hundred employees at AMI. Sure sounds like a coincidence.

Any bets that this coincidence turns out to be a direct link over the next few days?

Everyone can draw their own conclusions. But based on the witholding of facts thus far, I'm guessing if the government says there are 10 cases of Anthrax, there are probably 1000.

Witholding information is understandable with military secrets, IMHO. Not with public health risks.

Golfwaymore

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.