No. of Recommendations: 39
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
I must admit. I've never seen a manic episode enhanced with "crank" <grin>!!!

I NEVER want YKW to leave this board. He's just way too much fun.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Oh good, now we know the Wave is coming, but what about the Trick Ending , and are REHP posters and lurkers permitted to guess too???

hocus is prevailing at the Motley Fool even though few may realize it..

JWR1945

Hocus:
I "prevailed" in the sense in which you use the word here a long time ago. I expect to "prevail" in a much more expansive sense of the word in days to come.

It would ruin the trick ending if I were to tell you what is written on the final page. But, as with all well-structured dramas, there are a good number of clues placed within the narrative for the edification of the careful reader. Whoever comes closest to guessing right before it becomes too obvious to be a challenge will be awarded the title "Town Prophet" in the new administration.

Nothing happens for a long time. Then everything all at once.

http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=788

Our Hero:I proudly accept the mantle as the Great Obstacle to the hocus Wave of SWR lunacy and innumeracy and I will stand steadfast against those that seek to destroy Planet Earth.

Is anyone else picturing Intercst as Bruce Willis and Hocus as a giant flaming planet?

If so, who is Milla Jovovich? CatherineCoy??? ;)

What about Gary Oldman? Hmmm, maybe Hocus is Oldman and the wave is our evil flaming planet...

Oh, and I think Galeno would make a great Chris Tucker.

st

Multipass!
No. of Recommendations: 14
Hocus: It would ruin the trick ending if I were to tell you what is written on the final page. But, as with all well-structured dramas, there are a good number of clues placed within the narrative for the edification of the careful reader. Whoever comes closest to guessing right before it becomes too obvious to be a challenge will be awarded the title "Town Prophet" in the new administration.

Well, we now have proof positive that Hocus is writing a work of fiction. Has anyone read a gripping investment guide lately? What sort of device did the author use to hide the outcome until the end? Most of the stuff I read attempts to hammer home the main points early and often.

Regards,
Prometheuss
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hocus: It would ruin the trick ending if I were to tell you what is written on the final page. But, as with all well-structured dramas, there are a good number of clues placed within the narrative for the edification of the careful reader. Whoever comes closest to guessing right before it becomes too obvious to be a challenge will be awarded the title "Town Prophet" in the new administration

I guess Hocus is going to reveal that he is really intercst and it has all been fun and games--oh wait, Hocus lives around Washington DC. Hocus is going to reveal that he is really Arrete, and she wanted to make sure we stayed awake through all the SWR analyses. Then again, it could be he is really Chocokitty practicing character development.
No. of Recommendations: 20
I don't know about the rest of you, but that whole discussion there just strikes me as really creepy. When I read that, they lost me as a participant, which is too bad because I do like some of the folks over there.

CK
I must say that I am humbled. <LOL>

I proudly accept the mantle as the Great Obstacle to the hocus Wave of SWR lunacy and innumeracy and I will stand steadfast against those that seek to destroy Planet Earth.

intercst

Does anyone remember the scene in the movie "M*A*S*H" where hawkeye was crowned chief physician?
No. of Recommendations: 4
The "Book" must be the Book of the Damned, or something equally damnable.
Hocus is going to reveal that he is really Arrete, and she wanted to make sure we stayed awake through all the SWR analyses.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Posts about squirrel pee would be a good smoke screen though.

arrete - still slogging through the hotline manual. I wouldn't have the strength to write a hocus-length post.
No. of Recommendations: 7
YKW on the 'other board' as of 4/22....

The Joe Dominquez book "Your Money or Your Life" is an international bestseller, but, even so, it is greatly underrated.

Yep, says YKW......Dominquez was the one all in treasury bills, taking out more than 4%, and all the studies said 2.3% is safe....He showed that if you violated the historical data, you could go bust....he was down to 1/6th of his income long before 30 years was up.....

I suppose since YKW is 100% in the same position, he likes a 'mentor'???? someone to follow???

The ideas in that book are radical ideas.

Waht? Going bust in less than 30 years?? Taking out twice the safe SWR for an asset class!.....wow....

There are lots of things that are not clear to me.

When I get control of the TMF board, you will have it.

I want to be able to jump from the hocus site to the REHP board to the NoFeeBoards.com board to the Intercst site to the Your Money or Your Life site and on and on.

You just watch it play out and see if it doesn't. Heat up some popcorn, find a nice soft chair, and watch the Wave travel slow and strong and larger than life to the shoreline. I hope that some others can see it at least a little bit. I don't see it all just yet, but I see enough to know for sure that it's a real and for true monster-sized wave. I'm as confident of that much as I am confident of anything I have ever known in the course of this lifetime.

OH? YKW is predicting a major tsunami......or "early retirement for the masses in fine style on minimum wage without saving anything"?

I wonder how long the folks over there will egg him on.....and Intercst should truly be honored with the title YKW has bestowed upon him....better than CHief Disruptor......Gatekeeper of the Universe.....El Supremo of the El Supreme........Neptune, God of the Sea, able to qwell rogue Waves with the stare of his eyes and wit of his repartes...

No. of Recommendations: 28
I proudly accept the mantle as the Great Obstacle to the hocus Wave of SWR lunacy and innumeracy and I will stand steadfast against those that seek to destroy Planet Earth.

Ya know honestly, Hocus' behavior is at least half-way understandable due to the reasons that the astute Dr. Galeno has detailed for us.

What I DONT understand is the 4 dim-wits that follow him around on the various boards as "big fans".

Just what-n-the-hell is their excuse?! <ROFL>

Golfwaymore
No. of Recommendations: 14
Ya know honestly, Hocus' behavior is at least half-way understandable due to the reasons that the astute Dr. Galeno has detailed for us.

What I DONT understand is the 4 dim-wits that follow him around on the various boards as "big fans".

Just what-n-the-hell is their excuse?! <ROFL>

Golfwaymore

How does this logic sound?

"We hate Bush and Bush is against Saddam and Saddam hates Bush so we must support Saddam in a conflict against Bush."

"Yeah, that Saddam is not such a bad guy if he hates Bush, but Bush is a threat to the whole world."

Now substitute intercst and hocus as you see fit.

Prometheuss
Hey hey hey, be nice! I don't think they're dimwits. I think it's just human nature -- few things bond people together more than a common "enemy." I'm sure you've seen this in all kinds of contexts.

CK
BTW, I wouldn't count El Supremo as someone involved in this little drama. He's just the board host and more involved in the Index Funds part of the site.

CK
hocus stated on another site:

Whoever comes closest to guessing right before it becomes too obvious to be a challenge will be awarded the title "Town Prophet" in the new administration.

Is he just assuming we're sheep too stupid to make our own decisions? It seems he is unable to tie his abstractions to the perceptual level so he's just grasping at straws since he's unable to arrive at his own conclusion.

tngirl
No. of Recommendations: 6
BTW, I wouldn't count El Supremo as someone involved in this little drama. He's just the board host and more involved in the Index Funds part of the site.

CK

I agree with CK on this one (actually, I usually agree with CK<g>). I bet ElSupremo would give anything to have the whole problem just disappear in a puff of smoke. He has worked very hard to get his board started, and this sort of thing can't look good to visitors. And as CK said, he's mostly interested in the Index Funds part. He just started the FIRE part as a favor - bet he's sorry...

arrete
tngirl74 seems a little confused when she asks:
Is he just assuming we're sheep too stupid to make our own decisions?

That is not at all what is being discussed.

People can read the thread at: http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=788

Anyone can read threads at http://nofeeboards.com (one s, many boards). To make your own posts you must register and agree to ElSupremo's rules.

Some have been misled into believing that the nofeeboards site is hocus's site. It is not. It is ElSupremo's. Although hocus does visit it and he does post on it occasionally, this board is hocus's primary discussion board.

Have fun.

John R.
Hi ChocoKitty,
You wrote:

I don't know about the rest of you, but that whole discussion there just strikes me as really creepy. When I read that, they lost me as a participant, which is too bad because I do like some of the folks over there.

You realize that JWR1945 was joking with his initial post? Later he wrote:
<<
I know that discussion boards are not at all good when it comes to subtle humor. When I didn't see LOL right away, I knew that I was in trouble.
This was a parody on me and my way of writing.
>>

I wanted to point that out in case you didn't make it that far. Hocus' response was just hocus being himself.

I am disappointed that you've decided not participate at the nofeeboards site. I enjoyed your contributions there (as well as here, of course). You know that the FIRE board there is not a 'hocus fan club' site, or a 'overthrow intercst' site. It's generally just some people kicking around their ideas on the subject without the barrage of OT posts and the personal attacks. I hope you will reconsider.

If not, well, I'll see you around here.

Regards,
Ben
tngirl74 seems a little confused when she asks:
Is he just assuming we're sheep too stupid to make our own decisions?

You are right in that I am confused. I can't seem to figure out exactly what the problem is. I asked hocus for his opinion but all I got was no-answers.

You speak of the *opposition* on the nofees board - but what is the opposition exactly? What is that you're opposed to?

tngirl
No. of Recommendations: 1
tngirl74
What is that you're opposed to?

I hope that you have now read BenSolar's post that ended up just in front of yours:

You realize that JWR1945 was joking with his initial post? Later he wrote:
"I know that discussion boards are not at all good when it comes to subtle humor. When I didn't see LOL right away, I knew that I was in trouble."
"This was a parody on me and my way of writing."
I wanted to point that out in case you didn't make it that far. Hocus' response was just hocus being himself.

I hope that this clarifies things for you. If this is not sufficient, please explain exactly what you mean when you are talking about my words. Please provide me with a link to a good example of what I have said.

Have fun.

John R.
tngirl asks:
Is he just assuming we're sheep too stupid to make our own decisions? It seems he is unable to tie his abstractions to the perceptual level so he's just grasping at straws since he's unable to arrive at his own conclusion.

Because he's cwazy man! Just accept that fact. Cwazy people say and do cwazy things. KISS!!
No. of Recommendations: 9

CK

--------------------------

I agree with CK on this one (actually, I usually agree with CK<g>). I bet ElSupremo would give anything to have the whole problem just disappear in a puff of smoke. He has worked very hard to get his board started, and this sort of thing can't look good to visitors. And as CK said, he's mostly interested in the Index Funds part. He just started the FIRE part as a favor - bet he's sorry...

arrete

-------------------------

Hear, hear! NoFeeBoards.com (NFB) does not control their content any more than TMF controls the content here. ES provided a group of folks who were mostly credible former TMF members a forum. Hocus came along later and proclaimed the FIRE part of the site part of his jihad against intercst and REHP. Hocus is a side show act on NFB just as he has been here for the past few years.

Prometheuss

Hey hey hey, be nice! I don't think they're dimwits. I think it's just human nature -- few things bond people together more than a common "enemy." I'm sure you've seen this in all kinds of contexts.

CK

Yeah.

Like Lloyd and Harry in Dumb & Dumber. <grin>

Golfwaymore
You speak of the *opposition* on the nofees board - but what is the opposition exactly? What is that you're opposed to?

Every rule has its exception, and I am going to take my exception here because this is just too good of an opportunity to make use of some research I have been engaged in of late.

First of all, I only speak for me, tngirl74. I thought that was clear from the start. But Galagan revealed some confusion on that point recently and now you are too and heaven knows an inability to appreciate the point has gotten Telegraph twisted in a pretzel. So, try to focus--when the post has the screen-name hocus attached to it, that's a sign that the words in it may properly be ascribed to hocus. When not, not.

OK, let's move on. You ask "What is it that you're opposed to?" Take a look at Post 103256, and you will see what really burns my butt about this board community. There are two community menbers amongst us who say that they would prefer that intercst change his name to popsicle and only four who express the view that he should change it is fudgsicle. We have only a two-to-one majority favoring fudgsicle over popsicle! And you wonder why I have come to refer to this place as a clown board?

Fudgsicles are better, TNGirl. It is not my opinion that they are better. It has been scientifically proven than they are better! Those who think otherwise are irrational, and I am not going to permit them to express those sorts of viewpoints on this board. The popsicle lovers amongst us can form their own boards if they want to force their loony ideas on people. But I know that fudgsicles are better, and you are not going to see me permitting the popsicle lovers to have their say here. Not while there is something I can do about it, no sir.

Anyway, on to the new research.

I determined a ways back that we had taken the mathematics of this thing about as far as it can be pushed. Mathematics is not exactly the board's strong point, OK? So I began looking for insights in other sorts of places. And I found some evidence that I believe that you and some others here may find compelling.

Dr. Seuss is in many ways more of an expert on the sorts of things usually discussed at this board than is William Bernstein, TNGirl. Here is some wisdom on the subject of The Great Debate that the good doctor set forth in his fine work, "The Sneetches, and Other Stories."

Now the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars.

Those stars weren't so big.
They were really so small.
You might think such a thing
Wouldn't matter at all.

But because they had stars all the Star-Belly Sneetches
Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches."
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort
"We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!"
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking,
They'd hike right on past them without even talking.

As the story continues, it just gets worse and worse. The Star-Belly Sneetches end up not allowing the ones with none upon thars to join in their frankfurter roasts, and all sorts of terrible things transpire. But they work it out in the end! Human nature has its troubling aspects, but it has its self-correcting aspects too!

Have a little faith in your fellow Star Bellies, TNGirl. Yes, they have committed the terrible crime of shutting some people out of their frankfurter roasts. But the historical data tells us that those who do this sort of thing end up not enjoying the taste of the frankfurters as much as they did before taking that sort of step. And eventually, some of them begin wishing that they could have those old sorts of fun frankfurter parties back again.

And then voices favoring an opening up of the frankfurter parties to the Sneetches with none upon thars begin to assert themselves. This is how change happens, TNGirl. It's not just me who says so. Dr. Zeuss thinks so too. He said so in a book!
No. of Recommendations: 7
YKW writes,

<<tngirl74: You speak of the *opposition* on the nofees board - but what is the opposition exactly? What is that you're opposed to?>>

YKW: Every rule has its exception, and I am going to take my exception here because this is just too good of an opportunity to make use of some research I have been engaged in of late.....

11 paragraphs of the usual nonsense we've come to expect.

........And then voices favoring an opening up of the frankfurter parties to the Sneetches with none upon thars begin to assert themselves. This is how change happens, TNGirl. It's not just me who says so. Dr. Zeuss thinks so too. He said so in a book!

</snip>

Executive Summary: hocus likes Fudgsicles!

intercst
Hocus you promised you had stuff you had to get to,you know the stuff you had on your "backburner".Please leave and take your "sneetches" with you.I guess what you meant by having to get to unattended things was your great new "wave theory".You can call it anything you want,but i call it "new coke".Come back in 30 years and prove intercst wrong.

No. of Recommendations: 10

Dr. Seuss is in many ways more of an expert on the sorts of things usually discussed at this board than is William Bernstein, TNGirl. Here is some wisdom on the subject of The Great Debate that the good doctor set forth in his fine work, "The Sneetches, and Other Stories."

Now the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars.

Those stars weren't so big.
They were really so small.
You might think such a thing
Wouldn't matter at all.

But because they had stars all the Star-Belly Sneetches
Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches."
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort
"We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!"
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking,
They'd hike right on past them without even talking.

As the story continues, it just gets worse and worse. The Star-Belly Sneetches end up not allowing the ones with none upon thars to join in their frankfurter roasts, and all sorts of terrible things transpire. But they work it out in the end! Human nature has its troubling aspects, but it has its self-correcting aspects too!

Have a little faith in your fellow Star Bellies, TNGirl. Yes, they have committed the terrible crime of shutting some people out of their frankfurter roasts. But the historical data tells us that those who do this sort of thing end up not enjoying the taste of the frankfurters as much as they did before taking that sort of step. And eventually, some of them begin wishing that they could have those old sorts of fun frankfurter parties back again.

And then voices favoring an opening up of the frankfurter parties to the Sneetches with none upon thars begin to assert themselves. This is how change happens, TNGirl. It's not just me who says so. Dr. Zeuss thinks so too. He said so in a book!

Qs:

1. What are you smokin'?

2. Where can I get me some?

Euro Hatches a Who

I asked what I thought was a normal question:

And HOCUS answered:

I see no evidence that anyone has been shut out. I have noticed that some folks don't agree...but I still don't have a clue exactly what the disagreement is over.

Again, what is it that you're opposed to, how does it affect my retirement plans and can you concretely explain your opposition in plain English?

I'm looking for facts, hocus. Plain and simple.

tngirl

No. of Recommendations: 12
John R: Some have been misled into believing that the nofeeboards site is hocus's site. It is not. It is ElSupremo's. Although hocus does visit it and he does post on it occasionally, this board is hocus's primary discussion board.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leolo
But it is true, WaikikiLeolo. This really is hocus's primary discussion board.

What is more, when I said "I know that discussion boards are not at all good when it comes to subtle humor. When I didn't see LOL right away, I knew that I was in trouble" elsewhere, it applies in general and not only to me. (BenSolar provided the quote earlier in this thread.)

Enjoy what hocus has just posted. He is being playful.

Have fun.

John R.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hocus replied to TNGirl's post. But she never mentioned him by name in her post.

Logical conclusion: Oh noooo, the Beetlejuice rule no longer applies!
I still don't have a clue exactly what the disagreement is over.

Nor do I, TNGirl. Nor do I.

"I still don't have a clue exactly what the disagreement is over.

"

Why don't we just leave of the last part of sentence....

YKW still doesn't have a clue...

I'm really amazed that he fawned over the totally discredited "Dominquez" theory of all fixed income portfolio.....

And even more amazed that YKW has constantly complained about 'board disupters' and 'not being able to post', and it is others posts who are being pulled........

The one thing about a 'wave'....it has big peaks and big valleys....and one is usually crashing off a peak into the next big valley.....few can 'ride the peak' for long.....it takes superb balance and style and coordination, and a lot of luck, to stay on the surfboard at the crest of the wave.....and the result is usually a crash, sometimes death...the bigger the wave, the more dangerous it gets to 'ride the wave'....and YKW has proposed the 'mother' of all waves......

Oh, there's an impediment...(well, first you have to learn to ride a surf board to ride the waves.....)....and you have to watch out for sharks, other people with their own idea of stealing 'your wave', and of course 'press coverage' to verify that you 'rode the wave'....and if you ride the wave longer than anyone else, and do it consistently, you might even make some money....as well as not being killed by the surf bashing you against the rocks.... and those darn 'disruptors' too....

Hocus surpisingly clueless once more,

I still don't have a clue exactly what the disagreement is over.

Hocus, I thought you made a post stating you were leaving?

You're just trying to outdo MadCapitalist, arent ya? <ROFL>

Golfwaymore