Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
i may be getting *way* ahead of myself here but the past few days ive been playing with WAP...

wouldnt it be great if pcbanker went wireless? it doesnt look too hard to do (from a non-security standpoint - i havent done research in the wireless security yet). i can imagine being out with friends and borrowing cash (since i am not a cash person) from them and instantly pay them back with my cell phone. or the ability to check your account from a cell phone.

then again, to think of it... that defeats the purpose of bank by phone.
Print the post Back To Top

mcs11

You wrote:

"i may be getting *way* ahead of myself here but the past few days ive been playing with WAP...

wouldnt it be great if pcbanker went wireless?"

We are in testing as we speak and it works very well. You will be able to do almost everything that you can do through your PC. Look for a press release before February 15th.

We will initially roll out with phone access. Will follow up shortly thereafter with Palm VII capabilities.

Sincerely

Mark W. Jaindl
President/CEO
American Bank/pcbanker.com
Mark,

Being the computer geek that I am, I think WAP and Palm VII access is GREAT!!!! But, I'm gonna ping you again. What about Quicken based access!!!! (I know you are working on it, but I think this is more if a priority that WAP access.)

Thanks much!!

Jeff
I know that the aim of American Bank is to be everyone's primary checking account. For me, the biggest draw to using a bank as my primary checking account would be ease of bill payment using Quicken. Some people are very interested in making sure they are getting the absolute best possible interest rate. They are willing to move money around between accounts to cover bills etc. in order to earn an extra 1%, which is fine for them. For me, I would much rather have one account that I could use to leave all my money in and be able to pay bills easily. Features such as automatic ACH transfers are nice, and I would use them, but I have to admit that a lot of people use accounts with good ACH capabilities merely as shell accounts to move money between other banks. This is what a lot of people did with x.com, and others do now with Lighthouse bank. There's nothing wrong in that, don't get misunderstand me, but from the bank's perspective I think that would be negative. I'm hopeful that pcbanker.com is going to be successful, so I would really like to see them add features which I think would encourage customer loyalty - such as Quicken bill pay.
Jeff

You wrote:

"Being the computer geek that I am, I think WAP and Palm VII access is GREAT!!!! But, I'm gonna ping you again. What about Quicken based access!!!! (I know you are working on it, but I think this is more if a priority that WAP access.)"

I agree that Quicken based access takes priority over WAP. We are working on a number of projects at the same time to improve our services.

While we provide our customers with the ability to download their information into Quicken, we want to see full integration with Money and Quicken and consider it to be at the top of our priority list, along with customer initiated ACH. Unfortunately, this is going to take some time. While I was hoping that it would be in the first half of 2001, I cannot commit to a date at this time.

Thanks for your comments.

Mark W. Jaindl
President/CEO
American Bank/pcbanker.com

Hi Mark!

While the WAP stuff is interesting (I've got a cell phone and a Palm), as a prospective customer, I've got to tell you ACH is really a big deal. I'd like to automate absolutely as much as I can, and really don't care for the idea of a 3rd bank account just to manage transactions.

Any update on the ACH? I know you've said "first 1/2 of 2001" but I was wondering if you'd be willing to nail it down any sooner?

Many thanks.

And a huge THANK YOU for participating in public forums with your customers, prospective and current.

Foolishjk
OOPS!

That's what I get for not reading the whole thread before posting!

Mark, you answered my question when you replied to Jeff. Many thanks.

Foolishjk
No. of Recommendations: 2
I agree with Nathar's post number 4987 about direct Quicken access. When I was looking for an OLB direct Quicken access was near the top of my list of functions that I wanted. The reason that it's so desirable is that you always have your correct balance and *future* balance right in your Quicken desktop register. No periodic downloading from a couple of different sites, deleting duplicates, adding missed transactions, etc.

foolishjk

You wrote:

"Any update on the ACH? I know you've said "first 1/2 of 2001" but I was wondering if you'd be willing to nail it down any sooner?"

I have been in conversations with developers this morning. No new date. Will continue to push.

Thanks

Mark W. Jaindl
pcbanker.com