Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Building on the post from the person seeking info on the Roth, I seek guidance from Fooldom:

Since I exceed the income requirements for contributing to a Roth IRA, can I open a non-deductible traditional IRA, fund it with last year's max contribution and this year's contribution, and then within a day or two (essentially no earnings) do a conversion to a Roth?

If I *CAN* do it this year, is this the only year I can do it -i.e. does the loophole expire this year/next year?

Any and all help/insight appreciated!

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.