Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Another issue I just thought of:
when I moved to Portland, from San diego, I was employed by my previous employer (employer A). After about a week or two I arrived to Portland, I was laid off, and about a month later, I found a new job with Employer B. Now, let's say I transport my car to Portland from Atlanta, GA (my original home), even though I really supposedly moved to San Francisco and then to San diego to get to my current location. Are all of the things I deliver from my home on the East coast to Portland deductible?

I know I intend to satisfy the time requirement (I'm not leaving anytime soon, if I can help it). I'm a little iffy on the other requirements I need to meet. I realize that my moving from San Diego to Portland is probably not deductible (since I didn't move for the benefit of my employer), but now that I'm here in Portland to stay, I have other things from the East Coast that need to be moved.
What do you guys think???

Thanks again,
fibus
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.