Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
My NEE-J has been called and I have been struggling trying to find something decent to replace it with. After digging around for quite a while I am kind of leaning toward LXP-C. There was a pretty good discussion about LXP-C a little over a year ago on this board;

https://boards.fool.com/lxp-c-34243926.aspx?sort=whole#34253...

In hind sight, they seem to have made a pretty good move transitioning to a mostly industrial REIT. A potential problem for me is that I want to purchase it in my Fidelity IRA. Apparently Fidelity would not allow Jim to purchase LXP-C back in 2019. Guess I will see tomorrow if anything has changed.

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
we had the same problem. you have to call them and ask them how they trade the symbol. Some times it is traded under different formats. such a LXPPC, lxp-c, etc...
No. of Recommendations: 1
LXP-C is way over par? would be a loss if they called it.
No. of Recommendations: 2
LXP-C is way over par? would be a loss if they called it...

You should read through the thread that I posted. It is very interesting. It is not redeemable except as necessary to maintain REIT status.

Jim
No. of Recommendations: 5
we had the same problem. you have to call them and ask them how they trade the symbol. Some times it is traded under different formats. such a LXPPC, lxp-c, etc...

Actually, calling in to ask what Fidelity trades it under isn't really necessary. It's LXP/PC on Fidelity's website, and not very difficult to find. When you type "LXP" into Fidelity's quote box, both LXP (the common) and LXP/PC (the preferred) come up as options. Unfortunately, when you click on the LXP/PC option, you get the current price, but down in the box where they're supposed to have other information, you get this message:

Fidelity Investments does not make additional research information available for this security.

I only get this notification on securities that Fidelity doesn't allow me to trade online. And sure enough, when you click the "Trade" button and try to enter a buy order, you get this message:

(DB0002) This security is restricted from online opening trades or restricted to closing trades only. For more information please contact a Fidelity representative at 800-544-6666.

meaning that you don't let you buy online, but they will let you sell online. So you do have to call in if you want to buy, but it's not to find out what it trades under. (And even though they say "online opening trades" - I've never had them allow me to buy a second position in the same stock online even when I already own a position in one of the stocks that gets these messages.) Sometimes when I've gotten this message, I have been able to call in and get a representative to place an order, after lots of question answering, discussion, and transfers to multiple people. But more often than not, Fidelity won't allow me to buy the security even after going through all that. Which is why I don't buy preferreds at Fidelity any more. I used to hold my whole preferred portfolio at Fidelity, but I moved it.

AJ