Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards. We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Monday, September 26th 8AM EST: The migration is taking longer than expected, we need a few more hours to bring the site back online.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16
Doocy, today’s presser: “Dr. Fauci says we’re going in the wrong direction. Whose fault is that?”

The bemused redhead:

“Well, I would say first what he was referring to is that because there is still a large population of people in this country who are unvaccinated, and we have the most transmissible variant that we’ve seen since the beginning of the pandemic, that more people are getting sick with COVID. No, those numbers are NOT moving in the right direction. That’s accurate, and you can see it by the data.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 33
Jen Psaki is a pure professional with the subtle wit of a British comedian along with the ability to face the stupid, inaccurate, loaded questions that Fox, Newsmax etc try to throw at her. Doocy must be getting danger pay at this point. Some days he looks like he is going to cry with her responses.

She doesn't attack the person either - or at least I have not seen her call someone 'nasty'. ; )

I love how Psaki will often answer a question directly and then add, if you have the data to back up what you are saying, please pass that on to me so I can take a look at it. She has no compunction to have to lie (Hello, Idiot-Trump WH) and is willing to bring stupid questions back to the larger point she feels needs to be made.

She doesn't allow people to get away with: "Some people say..." - more than once I have seen her respond: "Who are 'some people'?" Can you give me some data? Can you give me context? etc. It is wonderful to see. Imagine asking for facts and data.

I have seen whiney-Trumpers complain about her because...they don't understand how an articulate, thoughtful, professional can act without direct personal attacks and lying.

Cheers,

Icemann
No. of Recommendations: 8
Jen Psaki is a pure professional with the subtle wit of a British comedian along with the ability to face the stupid, inaccurate, loaded questions that Fox, Newsmax etc try to throw at her.

A decade from now, when (hopefully!) this is all behind us, I'd pay good money for a documentary of Psaki behind the scenes. In the evenings, when the work for the day is done and she is just chatting with a couple of assistants before they all go home, what do they talk about? Do they strategize ways to handle these kinds of questions? Do they try to come up with the questions Doocey and his ilk will ask next? Do they spend a couple of moments laughing about they way they were able to deal with him? Is it a bit of a game to see how well they can handle the questions while still remaining professional and getting their point across?

On a professional level, one thing I appreciate is that in spite of the constant stream of "gotcha" questions, she continues to call on him and take his questions. He (and Newsmax and other less-than-friendly media) get their share of time to ask questions. She doesn't refuse to take them or avoid them. She tackles them head on.

--Peter