No. of Recommendations: 2
Another "Invisible people" story, especially around here where I'm at. We have a cafeteria run by a company that caters to cafeterias in large businesses in our building. The guy who serves the "entrees" is absolutely hysterical. I'm trying to help him out on the financial side because he told me of his background one day and that he had to take a MAJOR cut in pay! Anyways, onto my story, he is such a sweetie, because he knows my name, he knows a couple co-worker's names, and always greats us with "Hi, Miss Heather, how are you today?" One day, he could tell one of my coworkers was having a really cruddy day, and went and got her a ballon to make her smile! She was "mortified", but I thought it was a REALLY nice gesture for someone to notice when their customers are "not their normal selves".

I love it! I actually think I know his life story by now! I wish everyone could be like that in the service industry. I want to give Scott about 10 gold stars on a daily basis.

Anyways, back to work!
Heather
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.