Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all! I'm another "yankee". I'm from Bienville Parish. If anyone along I-20 actually does want to start up an investment club, just let me know.

I'm partial to tech issues, although I haven't bought any stock yet - just mutual funds. I was very fortunate to get in on Janus Global Technology when it opened. After only 13 months, it is now closed after going up 211% last year! I've been investing in mutual funds for almost 6 years, and now I would like to start a stock portfolio.

My oldest is on scholarship at Tech majoring in computer science, physics and mathematics (yes, all three!), so I'm up on some of the latest technology.

Just let me know the when and where and I'll be there, if the club ever gets off the ground.
Print the post Back To Top
Dear sixfootlady (and Tuthboy and 3PLayne and anyone else interested)

I have been lurking and not posting simply because I have been quite busy lately. We may be reaching critical mass for a North LA investment club. Tuthboy is in Bossier City. I am in Ruston. Another Fool 3PLayne is somewhere north of Alec, but he has only posted once so we may not hear from him again, though I hope we do. Let's see if the four of us can come up with a location, date and time for a meeting to see if we are ready for a club.

Fool Speed Ahead

Halbrook
Hi guys,

Just another foolish beginner. 'Fraid I'm an import too - from way out of state. But, I am interested in hearing any comments, suggestions etc.

If you guys are thinking about getting together and are open to more participants you can count me in.

NODAVIES
Welcome nodavies!

I see from your profile you are in the Big Easy. If us Fools up here along I-20 can ever gather enough momentum to form an investment club, I could not think of a better place for an annual club meeting than your fair city. In the meantime, if you want to meet with us hillbillies you are more than welcome, but you're going to have to leave the bright lights of the big city and find your way here.