No. of Recommendations: 5
Another reason that the March 11 vote shouldn't be taken to have settled the issue

The July 14, 1999 Poll preceeded the introduction of message board based polls, so you must read through the thread to see the results. But it seems like a legitimate poll to me. It wasn't biased by suggestions of the "proper" decision. It was preceeded by extensive threads that discussed the issues. The old points are being made all over again, but I haven't seen any new ideas brought to the discussion since that time. The only difference I can detect is that the anticipated drawbacks of this choice are being realized, while the anticipated drawbacks of other choices are being ignored. In the absence of new information, I will be supportive of the status quo. Emotional flip-flopping isn't something I condone.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=11048409
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.