Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Today it was confirmed that my mother has an intermediate non-hodgkins lymphoma. I have been blessed. I have never known anyone with cancer personally. I have yet to research and begin to understand what she will have to endure (the doctor wanted to spout statistics, but I only have one mom and she is not a percentage).

Last week I was angry. The speculation was that it was cancer, but this was not confirmed until today. During the appointment I felt sad. Mom handled it really well. It was then that I realized that it is all about how she feels. She is upbeat, and so will I be. I would like to do things that let her know I still care.

I will go back and read all of the posts on this board, but would appreciate insights on what I need to do to help my mom through this tough time. She starts chemotherapy by the end of the week, but as of today does not know what her exact treatment will be.

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.