Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Another small update: the neurologist does not believe the steriods are working, so starting today he'll immediately taper off of those; should be done with them entirely in a week. As he already has (managed) high blood pressure, without marked improvement on such a high dose the risks of taking them are too great for no reward.

Next step is for the doctor to attempt to get the insurance to approve immunotherapy infusions. I suspect this will be a bit of a fight, but they have a documented history of him needing infusions earlier in life, so I believe we'll ultimately be successful.

Right now we (Little Sis and I) are trying to move my mother from thinking day-by-day and into a longer term model. A nurse is coming tomorrow to the house; Little Sis will be there and inquire about help insurance could bring in, or that we could engage ourselves. Plus we need to get a set schedule of days for when we can be there, what days are best for appointments* so one of us can be there, etc.

Sally forth.

impolite
* both have expressed a desire for us to be there at appointments, when possible. So far the appointments have just been super willy nilly, I'm trying to wrangle that into a better setup.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.