Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Sunday I completed the 8th Annual Firecracker series of races in the Portland area on virtually no training. The time I would have spent training earlier this year was spent doing physical therapy on my broken arm/shoulder. I did complete all five of the half marathons over the five day period and while my times were not impressive, I did meet my only goal to finish them.

This series is always tied into a race on the 4th of July and usually has 3 or 4 total races. This is the first year we've done 5 and I'm told that because of leap year timing the next time the 4th of July will be on a Wednesday is in 2029 so this may be a once in a lifetime event for me. The series started in 2011 and I am one of only two people who have completed all of the races each year. I have no reason to believe I won't continue doing this series in the future so we'll see how it goes with 5 races in 2029 when I'm 87 years old.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.