No. of Recommendations: 0
Mom fell at the rebab center Friday morning when I was not there or dad. She is brused on her butt and sides. Today at lunch I brought food in she fed herself which is an improvement from last Sunday when I had to feed her. She was able to walk with a walker and I wheel a wheel chair behind her.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Where was the staff at the rehab center?

Fuskie
Who finds leaving your mother unattended and at risk in her condition unacceptable...
The staff at rehab center is short staffed. I noticed one night it took 45 minutes to get help for mom to go to the bathroom.
Mom is checking out of the rehab center tommorow at 8:00 am. I pray mom and dad can handle this because I can't. Dad still has shingles and is still hurting.

I been taking out the trash barrel to the curb for dad. I been doing laundry. I been going to the store buying groceries. I been washing dishes in the dishwasher.

For the most part I have stayed out of the restaurants for dinner and cooked in the microwave. Dad helped me.

Dad will have to take mom and have her get physical therapy at a different place. I'm not sure.

I just happy mom alive and survived this ordeal.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Dad still has shingles and is still hurting.

Hurting is not the word for it. Having shingles is the only time in my adult life that I cried with the pain. And I know a minister who said it was the only time he prayed to die.

You're dealing with a lot of problems, and seem to be doing so very well. I hope things start easing up and your parents start doing better.

Nancy
No. of Recommendations: 1
Mom is checking out of the rehab center tommorow at 8:00 am. I pray mom and dad can handle this because I can't.

Explain what you mean by "you can't"? Do you mean you physically can't, or are we talking emotionally here?

Did you let anyone at the rehab center know that it was going to be down to your dad, who is dealing with shingles, to help your mom? Does her doctor know this?

Can you get someone in who can help?

Your statement makes me worry that your mom isn't going to get the kind of care that she needs to continue her rehabilitation.

LWW