No. of Recommendations: 2
Ant: Somehow I felt much better finding you were also interested in the company, and only had two concerns. lack of moat didn’t stop ZM all as much, or PD maybe WORK can survive, until they find their moat.

Dave: I had all the bull cases in mind, what I missed was the slowing growth. That is a big concern, even though their NRR is very impressive at 137%. Still thinking I will hold to the 100 shares I bought and see where we get from here, or sell some, if there are any appreciation in price.

Ralph says: Choose good companies, based on fundamentals, then don't stress. Be patient.
That is an excellent piece of advise, I will remember.
For the most part, I have been following the stocks discussed on the boards and invested based on the deep dives and recommendations, so I was positive the companies I had invested in were all great companies, well, all but NTNX and GH that did not work well for me and most others. But WORK was not discussed much, I just went based on the hype, not a good strategy for investing. Lessons learned!

12X: Thank you for sharing your views, I agree not every fast growing IPO is a star. Learning fast here.

Captain: Once the downward 50% is achieved repeatedly, one can sit and wash their hands off the market. Hoping that won’t happen tho.

Tamhas: I do agree with your comment, ZM seem to be one of those exceptions

Karen: I have all my investments in SAAS, following the companies discussed here and on Saul’s board, so I could be considered as diversified as most others following these boards. I have seen some big rewards so far. My downfall seems to happen once I go on my own, a sign I need to pay more attention when selecting companies on my own.

Thank you all for responding and helping me with facts and your valued views on WORK.

Bella
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.