Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 18
The DOJ and 11 states have filed an antitrust lawsuit claiming Google uses its monopolistic internet search engine to exclude content it doesn't approve of.

“Google is the gateway to the internet and a search advertising behemoth,” U.S. Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen told reporters. “It has maintained its monopoly power through exclusionary practices that are harmful to competition.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-administration-11-states...

Actually, this is pretty easy to test.

I typed in the words "Hunter Biden e-mails October 2020" in both Google and Duckduckgo and hit return. Here are the results....

Google:
1. WBUR/CNN
2. poynter
3. NY Times
4. Washington Post
5. TheDenverChannel
6. AP News
7. Slate
8. Politifact
9. CNN
10.CNN

18. NY Post

A quick read of each of these shows them to be critical, dismissive and rejective of the finding, saying everything from the finding as unsubstantiated to it being a ploy cooked up by desperate Trump functionaries, and so on. I couldn't find a single word saying there might be something in these e-mails to which Joe Biden may have to be held accountable. It took 18 'hits' before the originator and the holder of the bulk of the information on the e-mails is made available in the search.

Now, do enter the same words into Duckduckgo.com and here's what you get

1. NY Post
2. Red State
3. MSN
4. Townhall
5. Washington Examimer
6. Turcopolier
7. bizpacreview
8. ibtimes
9. NBC News
10.NY Post

Here, there is a mix of political views on this finding who are likely there due to the amount they've written on the topic. Interestingly, I went out 44 hits before I found Fox News and could find none out to 50 hits from CNN.

Lesson: if you want any information that can carry a political bias, Google will give you the left wing version.

I've set all four of our computer default search engines to duckduckgo

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.