Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
You know, where we decide on a book (maybe with a poll), read it, and then discuss it in a continuing thread?

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Back when we started this Board, and its compeer Non-Fiction Board, there was a lot of back and forth over what direction the Board(s) should take. No concensus was arrived at then, and none appears to have evolved since.

I'm sure there are lots of avid readers lurking on the Fool Boards. How to organize book discussions? I'm open to new ideas.
I guess all it takes is 2 or 3 people and a good book. I'll give it all some thought in the coming week.
You know, where we decide on a book (maybe with a poll), read it, and then discuss it in a continuing thread?

I like the idea............

Penny

loves
No. of Recommendations: 1
that should have been loves to read.

I was part of a online book club before

we had about 20 people
we had different categories (fiction, non-fiction, general fiction, science-fiction, romance, mystery, etc.)
each month a new volunteer would pick which category they would want to lead the next month, then out of the list of suggestions they would pick a book
posters would "sign-up" to read the book
then the following month (on the 1st Monday) the discussion would start

it orginally started out with 2 or 3 categories and it ended when it got to big when posters starterd splitting hairs on what was general fictio, historical fiction, best seller fiction, blah blah blah fiction

But I know none of that bickering could happen here on TMF.

anyway - like I said I would be interested

Penny
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi
I would also be interested in a book club. I'm always reading several books at the same time, at the moment 'Underworld' (Delillo), 'Timequake' (Vonnegut),'The Tortilla Curtain'(T.C.Boyle), and 'Angels' (Johnson) - but I'm flexible and open to any suggestions.

francessa