No. of Recommendations: 0
After much deliberation, I am planning on opening an account with InvesTrade. I have been looking for comments on their service here, but there aren't all that many. I know that earlier on their website was somewhat slow, and as usual, there were booth those who loved the company and those that hated it...

My reasoning is this:
1. cheap rates, I intend to malke less than 15 trades a year.
2. they charge a "standard" $50 IRA closing fee, so if I do decide open an IRA with them in the future, it would be pretty competitive with other brokerages.

I need to call and check on a few things (Drip's, interest on cash, inactivity fees, certificate fees), but barring anything major, I think they are a good match.

Here is where the Fools come in. My other options, in order, were:
1. Scottrade
2. Firstrade
3. Trading Direct

Is there anyone out there who has had experience with Investrade and would recommend a different service? If so, when did you have problems, and what were the problems you had? "Sucking" is bad, but not very useful as a decision making tool...

You can respond privately, at loren023@tc.umn.edu, or alfredo@bitstream.net

Thanks!

Alfredo Lorente
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.