Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Gosh
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Heck no......

147 million going shopping today.

I'm not one of them!

Half the bargains or more aren't.

The other half are the same bargains you can get any other weekend.....

In some cases, they jack up the prices, then give you 15% off.....and no good deal.

I don't need toys or xmas stuff.......

This time of year, 80% of the crap won't ever get used by gift recipients....ties.....shirts......appliances.......or might get used once or twice.......

Yesterday I did make a bag of the Cub Scout popcorn........had to buy it.....I buy one of everything from Cub Scouts and Brownies and Boy Scouts....... my neighbors bought my stuff when I was a scout...so only fair to help them out.

Anyway it's pretty good popcorn without all the normal greasy stuff and stuff not good for you. Popped nicely in the micro ........250 Cal per bag...and ate half of it.

Now I'll have to figure out how to warm the other half up today while watching football on TV...

Went out for breakfast.....wow.....lots of folks out for breakfast.....lots of groups..maybe visiting relatives? .....whole families....

Had some nice pancakes, two eggs, two slices bacon, one sausage patty...and 3 cups of coffee...... while reading the WSJ..... nice....

Weather going up to mid 60s....some clouds.....north wind....

Trees changing colors...some bright red, some yellows....lots of oranges and browns........ nice...but not like New England with whole forests changing...here, it's just trees in folks yards and along the streets. Leaves blowing everywhere, including my pool requiring daily leaf removal.

t.
I'm just getting my clothes on and preparing for the day. It's 1104 here.

Blue skies and sunshine, supposed to get up to 60.

Think I'm going to go do a workout, shop for a turkey breast and get some toothpaste and then come home, eat and do a little leave gathering. I need sunshine and I need it now!

First night of restful sleep too.

Doggies are doing good, my little patient is getting used to the routine and so am I. Feedings and meds routine and of course, bathroom and clean up...I feel like a mommie with the baby wipes and ointment. :) an old mommie at that.

LD
No. of Recommendations: 0
No.

Missus Riprock is downstairs happily painting the inside of a huge old cabinet we got when we were in Dubai, and I'm upstairs hiding in the computer room, hoping I don't have to get involved.

My usual job is lifting and moving things. I rarely get involved in decorating.

Rip
The only "shopping" I did on Friday was to stop at my local Jewel and pick up a pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

Otherwise all I did was go to Art of Pizza and have the Friday "Special" -- Baked Mostaccioli with melted mozzarella cheese and meat sauce, served with a garden salad, soup, and bread and butter... a hearty meal and a real deal at $5.75 after tax, no tipping.

After Thursday's high in the 60s, Friday was cold (high 32) and windy... not good walking weather. But I managed to walk about five miles total anyway.
"Otherwise all I did was go to Art of Pizza and have the Friday "Special" -- Baked Mostaccioli with melted mozzarella cheese and meat sauce, served with a garden salad, soup, and bread and butter... a hearty meal and a real deal at $5.75 after tax, no tipping." - Andrew

Yum!!! I'd eat that. That was a good deal. Great price. Way better than Olive Garden.

Art